The 17th Seoul International NewMedia Festival
(2017. Aug. 17 ~ 25)
Call for Entry
“NewMedia Alternative Film Festival”
Seoul International NewMedia Festival, aka NeMaf, launched by iGong, the Alternative Visual Culture Factory, has been founded and showcased more than 2,000 media-based works and discovered 1,000 artists since it was founded in 2000. NeMaf now opens for submissions and seeks innovative films and media art works.
- Media-based works completed after January 2015, which show alternative, experimental and creative insight in themes and forms.
- For exhibition, we accept the works created by the artists only who reside in South Korea.
- Any form of media-based works available for screening including alternative, experimental, animated films, documentary, media art and single-channel video.
How to Submit
You can submit your work using either of the following submission platforms
- Completed entry form
- Artist’s photo (300 dpi or higher resolution)
- Still cuts of the work (two or more different cuts, 300 dpi or higher resolution)
Announcement of Result
- The result will be announced at our website in June
Selection & Awards
- If your work is selected for NeMaf2017, it can be shown at ‘Glocal Propose’, ‘Glocal Panorama’, or other special sections of the 17th NeMaf. NeMaf Program Committee will decide which section it will be shown in, and inform you.
- If your work is selected for ‘Golcal Propose’ section, it is eligible to win the following prizes, which are worth approximately 10 million KRW in total.
- Awards: Best Propose, Korean Alternative Film, Alternative Media Art, and Audience Propose
- The work must be subtitled in English or Korean unless the dialogue is in Korean or English.
- We do not return any submission materials.