The 16th Seoul International NewMedia Festival (4-12 August 2016)
Call for Entry
Seoul International NewMedia Festival, aka NeMaf, launched by iGong, the Alternative Visual Culture Factory, has been founded and showcased more than 1,900 media-based works and discovered 1,000 artists since it was founded in 2000. NeMaf now opens for submissions and seeks innovative films and media art.
- Media-based works completed after January 2014, which show alternative, experimental and creative insight in themes and forms.
- For exhibition, we accept the works created by the artists who reside in South Korea.
- Screening: Any form of media-based works available for screening including alternative, experimental, animated films, documentary, media art and single-channel video.
- Exhibition: any form of media-based works available for exhibition including media performance, media art, net-art, sound and multi-channel video, robotic art, vr(virtual reality), game, created by the artists who reside in South Korea. (*The artist is responsible for the installation and de-installation for the works for exhibition.)
How to Submit
You can submit your work using either of the following submission platforms.
- Completed entry form
- Artist’s photo (300 dpi or higher resolution)
- Still cuts of the work (two or more different cuts, 300 dpi or higher resolution)
Announcement of Result
- The result will be announced at our website in June
Selection & Awards
- If your work is selected for NeMaf2016, it can be shown at ‘Glocal Propose’, ‘Glocal Panorama’, or other special sections of the 16th NeMaf. NeMaf Program Committee will decide which section it will be shown in, and inform you.
- If your work is selected for ‘Golcal Propose’ section, it is eligible to win the following prizes, which are worth approximately 10 million KRW in total.
- Screening: Best Propose, Korean Propose, iGong Award for best emerging artist, and Audience Propose
- Exhibition: Best Propose, iGong Award for best emerging artist, and Audience Propose
- The work must be subtitled in English or Korean unless the dialogue is in Korean or English.
- We do not return any submission materials.