The 18th Seoul International NewMedia Festival –Call For Entry
Submission Period: 2018.1.18 – 04. 08
“NewMedia Alternative Film Festival”
Seoul International NewMedia Festival, a.k.a NeMaf, launched by iGong, the Alternative Visual Culture Factory, showcased more than 2,200 media-based works and discovered 1,000 artists since it was founded in 2000. Now, NeMaf opens for submissions and seeks innovative films and media art works.
Please read NeMaf regulations carefully and fill out the entry form.
- Media-based works completed after January 2016, which shows alternative, experimental and innovative insight in themes and forms.
- For exhibition, we only accept the works created by the artists who reside in South Korea.
- Screening: Any form for media-based works available for screening including alternative, experimental, animated films, documentary, dance film, media art and single-channel videos.
- Exhibition: Any form of media-based works available for exhibition including media performance, media art, net-art, sound and multi-channel video, robotic art, vr(virtual reality), game, created by the artists who reside in South Korea. (*The artist is responsible for the installation and de-installation for the works for exhibition.)
How to Submit
■ Screening: You can submit your work either Google or Festhome.
- Google Form: https://goo.gl/W4Gq4t
- Festhome: https://festhome.com/f/nemaf-2018
- Google Form: https://goo.gl/wvp13N
8 April 2018 11:59 PM
Announcement of Result
- The result will be announced at our website in May
Selection & Awards
- If your work is selected for NeMaf2018, it can be shown at ‘Glocal Propose’, ‘Glocal Panorama’, or other special sections of the 18th Nemaf. NeMaf Program Committee will decide which section it will be shown in, and inform you.
- If your work is selected for ‘Glocal Propose’ or ‘Glocal Propose X’ section, it is eligible to win the following prizes, which are worth approximately 10 million KRW in total.
- Screening: Best Korean Propose, Best Glocal Propose, Korea Alternative Cinema, and Audience Jury Award
- Exhibition: Best Glocal Propose X, Audience Jury Award
- Be sure to read and agree to the NeMaf submission regulations before you complete the entry form
- Preview must be submitted with online link with the form. (We do NOT accept DVD screener)
- The online preview link must be played until the end of May, 2018.
- Preview should be the same as the final screening version.
- The work must be subtitled in English or Korean unless the dialogue is in Korean or English.
- We do not return any submission materials.